Monday, July 12, 2010

New Frontiers in Pairings

You know I haz fun with perfume/cocktail pairings.

There are folks, not only Chandler Burr, who like to play with perfume/food pairings.

And, of course, there is ye olde beverage/food pairing.

But give the winners of the Euroscientist Journalism contest their due:  They offered up a six-course meal, with each course coming with a correlated presentation on a particular scientific investigation.

While the sequencing of the truffle genome may not be your bag of tea, it didn't really have to be, as the science was apparently served "lite."  Nonetheless, the idea tickles my fancy...as does the topic of the dessert course.  (Sex, natch.)  Seems ornamentation does well for pannacotta and males interested in sex.  (Maybe that's why we like our perfume packaging???)

Complete article here.

5 comments:

La Bonne Vivante said...

funny!

Vanessa said...

As soon as I read your post I was intrigued to know what kind of ornamentation does well for pannacotta. What I believe are known over there as sprinkles (aka hundreds and thousands)? Crumbled milk chocolate flake? Something fruity?

Have just caught up with the photo and can make out chocolate dusting, spikes and some fruity bits. : - )

Why am I reminded of cubes of feta?

Vanessa said...

The captcha on that earlier comment was CUCKED.

Ooops...

Tommasina said...

I'm always amused by the sequencing of gnomes, be they human or truffular (truffish?). I have visions of them doing synchronized swimming in their pointy red caps. I'll be sure to take my DNA bar-code reader to the fish market next time I go. And, to add to the amusement, 'bar' is the French name for bass (Dicentrarchus labrax); so one's fishy DNA 'bar' code reader might perhaps tell one the difference between striped / sea, etc.

Mind you, I'd certainly not want my pannacotta decorated with what he was going to talk about. Gah! Good thing he changed to blue tits.

(No, I have not been drinking; I'm always more or less like this~)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Mmmmm... dessert and perfume pairings- a delightful topic. Can't wait to start wearing my favorite scents again. Hope you're well! xx