Monday, March 15, 2010

Smoke, but no Fire : Mecca Balsam

It's very nice, mind you.  Stir two parts pine (either your Wazamba or your Filles en Aiguilles will do), add in one part incense.  Lovely drydown.

But...

I have this.  Without the incense.  With my Wazamba.  I think I'll try a little layering.

If you have none of these...yet...it is worth trying.  I'm just saying...my goal these days is to reduce spending.

Listen to people be happy about it.  Remember, it's not that I *don't* like it; I just don't need to go there.
Scent Hive
Perfume Shrine
Perfume Posse

2 comments:

Olfacta said...

Second. I think that this is one of those "concept" scents that is beautiful in concept but not as wearable as all that.

ScentScelf said...

It's interesting to hear the swooning; I get that sometimes a perfume just slides into the right spot, and other considerations go out the window. Nice to know I have company, though...one sometimes wonders if one is alone in missing a trigger switch.

I'll also say, about the LVdP line in general, that this is the one that most acted like "perfume" to me. I know they get a fair amount of love...I've tried a number of them, actually, and have never written about them because I would have more to say about what they weren't, to me, than what they were. But I'm rustling up something there.