Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm it.

Ah, the jig is up.

I've enjoyed watching this game of blog tag scamper about some of my favorite blog writers. It's been an interesting combination of gossip and chain letter.

And now, OlfactaRama has sent the ball to my court. I find myself in good company among Olfacta's "tags," making me wonder how I ended up in the midst of this round. But, since nobody has threatened personal injury, bad luck, financial windfalls, or seven years of psoriasis if I don't participate, I'm going to join in the fun. Here goes.

Six Random Things About Myself

one: I was once the "guest star" on a children's television show;
two: I prefer a manual transmission;
three: I played fiddle parts on flute in a dixieland jazz band;
four: I like to believe that I invented "Busy Parent Gourmet Mac N Cheese," which means that you add goat cheese and julienned sun dried tomatoes to a prepared box of K-r-a-f-t;
five: I am certain that humans continue to "develop" through their adulthood. Personal evidence includes a) I've gone from a "keep the book pristine and don't you DARE crack the spine" person to "if I need to take a note in the margin, I will" kind of person, b) I no longer care about vampires and their immortal torment, but I will watch a talking head documentary, c) my spouse didn't know football from foosball when we were married--now I am a football widow;
six: Johnny Cash may walk the line, but I've walked the wire. As in tightrope. (Okay, it was a practice height, but still.)

and an extra, not required by the rules:
I still regret not learning capoeira.


The Rules of the (er, this) Game

1. Link to the person who tagged you. check
2. Post the rules on your blog. check
3. Write six random things about yourself. check
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. coming up
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. good heavens, I hope they still let me read their blogs!
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


Now, for the chain letter aspect. I find all of the blogs below to be entertaining, informational, attractive and/or thoughtful in their presentation, and a nice cross-representation of the kinds of topics that catch my interest. My inclusion of them in the chain-letter aspect of this "tag" game in no way represents their support of me...or even awareness of my existence.

Nathan Branch general category: perfume
Mrs. Blandings general category: home decor
Bad Science general category: science debunking
Musical Perceptions general category: music
Adventures in the Print Trade general category: art prints
Ledge and Gardens general category: gardening

I have not tagged my two loyal followers, Jenavira and The Daily Connoisseur, because Jen has already been tagged, and Daily is off for holiday in London. But do stop by; they both enjoy and write engagingly about perfume (and other things in life).

4 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Oh, dear, I'm such a bad game player and hate to put other folks on the spot, but I will gladly put my answers here.

1. I drove a school bus in high school.

2. I hide M&M's so I don't have to share them with my children.

3. I use horrible language when I'm alone in my car.

4. While my house is usually tidy nearly every closet and drawer is a complete disaster no matter how hard I try.

5. I don't like to get wet. Ever. Must be the leo in me.

6. Given my choice, I'd never eat a veggie again.

ScentScelf said...

Dear Mrs. B,
I understand, and appreciate your good sportsmanship here. I am tempted to ask if your bus driving was officially sanctioned, and compelled to tell you I have a stash of dark chocolate on the highest available shelf in my kitchen.
May you always have an umbrella,
SS

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Scentscelf- you NEVER fail to bring a smile to my face! Love your facts and remember- it's never too late to learn capoeira :) Thanks for the mention...

ScentScelf said...

Daily,
I've got to start with baby steps...and since I need to re-get into shape, a simple headstand might be quite the challenge...

;)