Friday, September 5, 2008

My Kind of Violet (Les Nez, that is...), no--rats!--drydown happens

Hoo-ha!  My sample of Les Nez "The Unicorn Spell" arrived today.  I'm still in the midst of drydown antics, but oh my, I did enjoy that dirty (and I mean dirt here, as in earth, not skank) dark shadow opening.  It's turning into a relatively common candied violet, but so much more interesting this way.  I am entertained.

We'll have to see if I decide to move beyond the sample, but I am entertained.  And I really don't mind the idea of having a Choward violet on my wrist.

As for the Geir Ness "Leila" on my other wrist, well...let's say I have done my duty to marital fealty and sampled the Norwegian scent.  It's clean-flowery enough, but I think it is supposed to be a shower gel.  Or scent for hair gel.  

.....

Yup, it's Choward on the left, '80's hair product on the right.  Drydown happens.

......

And a couple of hours later, it's barely there, that violet, but back to having a hint of dark, and has largely dropped the candy.  The Leila is like a middle of the road Yves Rocher perfumed shower gel.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leila scared me way to close to CK's Eternity. I really do have to explore the Lez Nez line.

ScentScelf said...

Hey there...

I'm just learning Lez Nez myself. Ironically, it was the idea of "The Unicorn Spell" that intrigued me, but I couldn't get a sample for a while. While waiting, I tried "Let Me Play the Lion"...and surprise! I liked it, and now prefer its dry, spiceyness to the dirty violet (which had neither enough earth nor green for me).

Who knew?

nathan said...

Ah. Thanks for the review of The Unicorn Spell. I've been wondering if I should bother giving it a try, and I think I might pass. You make it sound good, but the candied violet thing is so not MY thing.

I did, however, very much enjoy Let Me Play the Lion. It's so dusty and dry and spicy. I keep thinking I'm going to get myself a bottle. A little voice in my head whispers, "Do it. You know you like the stuff. What are you waiting for? Order it now!"

I'm harassed on a daily basis by my own brain.

ScentScelf said...

Do you think the same voice visits us collectively, or that we each have our own little imp?

;)