Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eau What a Beautiful Day: Perfume and Fresh Water, Chicocoa Style

I wouldn't have, couldn't have, predicted my interests in perfume and fresh water would come together like this.

Yesterday morning, a cloud of fragrance enthusiasts gathered at the north end of North Michigan Avenue in Chicago.  By the time they were done wending their way down the Magnificent Mile, the clouds above had emptied over 6.6" of rain at O'Hare airport, an historical record for the area.  

But the enthusiasm of the group was stronger than the spitting of the sky. The gathering was not daunted.  In good spirits throughout the day, they sniffed and chatted and explored through the day and into the early evening, from L'A (L'Artisan) to Le Z (Liz Zorn).  

It's hard, if not impossible, to ask more from a day than to have a plethora of scent smelling opportunities in the company of a diverse but uniformly delightful group of people, peppered and capped by chocolate.  Nice.  Very nice.

UPDATE:
Read dispatches from others...


7 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

That sounds like an absolutely delightful way to spend an afternoon- I'm envious!

ScentScelf said...

'Twas all day and into the night! And you are right, it was absolutely delightful. Hopefully, there will be another, and you can join in the fun next time!

Perfumeshrine said...

That must have been very fun! Wish I could have joined you all.

Rose said...

I'm going to echo everyone else and say this sounds really wonderful.

I worry that I bore all but my mostly saintly friends wanting to drag them round perfume departments and shops, although they are very patient! How lovely to shop with like minded people!

Unknown said...

All I can say is you lucky lucky woman :-) and that I am jealous.

Aimée L'Ondée said...

I will echo all the comments, and say that I wish I could have gone. Maybe the next one should be in Dallas (I would say Austin, where I live, but the perfume shopping SUCKS here)! *sniff*

ScentScelf said...

Y'all need to know that you are not only welcome, there is a personal invitation (from me) that you attend the next one.

We do want to do it again!