Friday, August 22, 2008

My Michigan!

Had to provide a link to a particular post in a rather interesting blog I found, which looks at books as interesting objects:


The link I provide will send you directly to a book featured in the "Handmade" category, and is by Gwen Frostic.  If you are from Michigan, and/or spent time in NW Michigan near Sleeping Bear Dunes, there's a good chance you've visited Gwen Frostic's studio or at least are familiar with her wood block prints.  I have been fascinated by that place since the owner of a cabin I rented recommended it as a place to visit, and of course emotionally connect it to a favorite corner of the universe.  

For a long time, Gwen's work was seen as "quaint."  Now it's cool.  I think that's keen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh damn you found me another link to add to my ever growing list of favorites. Gorgeous illustrations!They are just "keen." :-)

ScentScelf said...

Aren't they something? I'm still poking around that site.

Sorry to be a nasty surfing enabler... ;)